While reducing debt is a primary reason for people to consolidate their debt, they also want to save money. Although this is an important benefit, there may be other hidden benefits.
One key benefit of debt consolidation is the ability to switch your debt obligations into lower interest rates and save interest payments. Paying down debt at lower interest rates means that more of the monthly payment goes toward principal. Higher interest rates will cause a slower decline in the debt balance. The total interest paid on a loan with a lower interest rate can be substantially less over the life of the loan or debt. If you don’t have additional debt, the time it takes to pay off your debt may be shorter. Get more info via dedebt.com website.
Consolidating your debt will also bring you other financial benefits
- American cardholders average seven credit cards. If there are two parents, then the household debt payments can add up quickly. If there isn’t enough cash to pay off all the debts, it can be a complicated task to determine how much money should go to each one. This process is repeated each month. Consolidating debt may make it simpler to manage and result in fewer transactions.
- There are many debt payments and it is easy for one to slip through the cracks, even if you have the best intentions. A missed minimum payment of just a few dollars can lead to penalties and fees.
Consolidating debt has hidden psychological benefits
- Some borrowers may find themselves in a difficult financial situation. Debt that exceeds the ability to be repaid can lead to serious emotional problems. It is possible to reduce the stress of debt and not let it control your mental health.
- A big stress reliever is simply taking less time to pay bills every month and feeling confident that nothing has gone unnoticed. Harris Poll results show that nearly 25% of American cardholders are shocked by an unexpected credit card bill. A clearer picture of your financial situation can help you feel more confident about your future and have the confidence to know that you have a clear path. You can make positive steps to reduce your debt by seeing regular progress.
- Neglecting to manage your debts well can have positive physiological effects. Stress can lead to a worsening in health conditions like obesity, heart disease (Alzheimer’s disease), diabetes, depression, gastrointestinal problems and asthma. Reduce stress can improve your mental and physical health.
The average household carrying credit card debt is nearly $16,000. It’s worth exploring debt consolidation to make financial savings and hidden benefits.